Saturday, January 31, 2009

Brick Walls...

Marilyn Monroe rocks! I live by the words "everything happens for a reason."

In previous posts, you may have picked up on how excited I was to be in the process of my registration with Virgina College. I would finally finish my education! Then, in my most recent post, FAFSA became an obstacle I would first have to hurdle. Seems that obstacle has become more like a brick wall - for now. Apparently you can't collect unemployment and attend college at the same time. Why? Hellifiknow! I guess they, (they being the wonderful people who created the laws and ways of unemployment), think that if you're attending school, you won't have time to look for employment. I suppose that makes sense, but when you factor in today's economy and the thousands of layoffs happening EVERYDAY, one would start to question this "rule." You would think unemployment offices would encourage schooling in hopes to help get people employed again, possibly in a different field from which they were just laid off. But, what do I know...

GO STEELERS!!!!!!

No comments: