Overwhelming, by definition means – to overcome completely in mind or feeling.
I recently had a cousin of my father contact me on Facebook. No big deal right? Right! But, this is a woman who knows nothing about me. We’ve never met or uttered one word to each other ever. How she found me, or what made her look for me I’ll never know, but today I received a second email from her, and this is what it said
Jackie,
Your great sense of humor will take you a long way. My prayers are with you. You are a strong and beautiful person. How is everything else? Take care, and may God always be with you. Love Louise.
I don’t know why (and some may think I’ve lost my mind completely), but something in that short message let me know that everything is going to be okay. That my life is surrounded by not only those who love me, but also by God’s love. I have so many things to be thankful for, so many of life’s little blessings that surround me every day. This I already knew, but today the feeling was just a little more overwhelming, and for whatever reason, the email from Louise put everything into perspective.... Maybe I just needed a little reminder.

1 comment:
God always leaves us little notes. I am glad you are noticing them!!!
Post a Comment