Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What I've learned in 2009...

Okay, so this may be a little ass backwards since I've already told you about my "goals" for 2010, but I have to do these when my mind is able to put all my random thoughts into some kind of meaningful order.
So, here it goes. What I've learned in 2009 (and some of what I already knew):

~ Whatever happens in life, be it good, bad, exciting, painful or fun, I know it's happening for a reason - sometimes reasons beyond what I can understand

~ I know and appreciate that hindsight is a beautiful thing, and that learning from other peoples mistakes is okay and completely acceptable

~ I have more faith in myself than I ever knew. It's probably been buried deep down inside me somewhere, but it does in fact exist

~ Like it or not, we're all a little crazy

~ I've learned that no matter how windy it is in the valley, it's 15 times more windy on a mountain

~ I've learned that deer clearly do not have a brain inside their skinny little heads - since all of them seem to consider suicide throughout mating season - why?

~ My family is truly amazing and they give me a purpose- yes, this is one of the ones I already knew

~ My head as acquired more white strands than I care to admit

~ I've learned that the secret to happiness is sharing it with others

~ Higby, no matter how hard I try, travels with me where ever I go

~ Heating an old farm house with oil will completely diminish your bank account; and I CAN survive with the heat set on 62 - burr!

~ I'm not AS afraid of heights as I used to be; and roofing a shed in temperatures nearing 100 will burn the skin off your bare knees and ass

~ Things aren't always as they seem

~ Life can pass you by if you don't take a minute to step back, relax, and enjoy it - still, I'm incapable of being still

~ I've learned that with perseverance, I can absolutely achieve anything I want

~ Online courses are HARDER than physically sitting in class

~ Over the years, I've learned that everyday is a gift; and that God works in mysterious ways

~ And finally, If I don't end this list here, it could go on forever....

Cheers to the New Year!!! Be safe!

~Hugs

No comments: